What is a KN95 Mask?
A KN95 Mask (as well as KF95 & FFP2 Models) are filtering facepiece respirator alternatives to the NIOSH-N95 Mask. The KN95 Mask is an industry-standard, meaning that the mask provides the intended effectiveness of filtering 95% of airborne particles (PM2.5).
How to use a KN95 Mask?
* ALWAYS clean hands with soap & water, or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer BEFORE and AFTER touching the respirator mask.
- Properly hold the mask with clean hands.
- Press mask against the face with the soft metal fixation strip uppermost.
- Place bands around both ears.
- Adjust mask and mold the soft metal fixation strip over the nose bridge, creating a seal of protection against the outside environment.
*Note: This respirator helps protect against certain contaminants but may not eliminate the risk of contracting disease or infection. If you cannot achieve a proper fit, DO NOT enter the contaminated area.
See your supervisor for proper fitting respiratory protection.
Can I reuse a KN95 Mask?
Per the CDC, it is always recommended to replace N95 or KN95 masks.
Please DISCARD mask if it:
- Cannot stay on the face
- Cannot cover both the nose & mouth
- Has stretched out/damaged ties or straps
- Has holes or tears in the fabric